A Creative Independent Novel Project

By: Caden Herring 1st period

Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Random Thought 2

It finally happened! Instead of simply alluding to the violence and murders that Bateman commits, he actually commits one in the present tense, as we're reading. This happens on page 131, where he stops to talk to a bum, and slowly shoves a thin blade into his right eye. I don't know why, but I feel like I've been waiting forever for him to actually commit some sort of act of violence in real time, instead of just talking about committing these acts of violence. Though I know he actually did commit all of these acts, this offers a sort of reassurance that he really does do these things and he hasn't just been lying to us this whole time. After all, he's considered to be an unreliable narrator since it's all told through his twisted, perverted perception. Never thought I'd feel a sense of relief from a blade being shoved into an eye.

No comments:

Post a Comment